This week we covered the following topics:
- Working with Code view
- Code hints
- Code coloring
- Tag Autocomplete
- Reference Panel
- Macromedia Forums
- Breaking a tag in Split view
- Invisible Elements
- Dependent Files
- Inserting a link
- Modify > Convert > Tables to layers...
On the Web:
- Effective Web Searching - first search for the sentence you're looking for, then the topic
- Basic elements of design: content, content, content. Then, mark (copyright/license), meta data, header, footer, navigation.
- Free CommunityMX content
- Tables vs Layers
- Draw a new design on paper. Include the basic elements of web design (above).
- Using Layout mode, draw your table as you see fit.
- Switch to Standard mode and perfect the table.
- Use Modify > Convert > Tables to layers...
- Manipulate the layers to your satisfaction in Design view.
- Use Modify > Convert > Layers to tables... and then back to Layers to achieve a unique design.
- Remove inline styles to the HEAD of your document so that the CSS Styles panel shows all of your styles.
- Export your styles to an external file for use on other pages.
- Put your page to the web and send URL to the class list.
- If you haven't already done so, send me your Bloglines blog URL.
- Post to your bloglines blog. Include images and links using HTML from Dreamweaver.
- Choose one to read up on: ASP, PHP, ColdFusion.
Next week: How to Learn Server Languages Using Dreamweaver!